Not from around here? We can help show you around. There are tons of things for you and your guests to do — and great places to take photos.
Charles A. Lindbergh State Park and Historical Site
Located on the Mississippi River, established in 1931 in memory of Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. The historical site includes the home where the world-famous aviator spent summers next to the Mississippi River and also a visitor’s center that tells the Lindbergh family story and displays a full size replica of The Spirit of St. Louis cockpit. The home, with its original family furnishings and possessions, is available for an informational tour.
Linden Hill Mansions
The mansions of Charles A. Weyerhaeuser and Richard “Drew” Musser stand on 1st St SE alongside the Mississippi River and adjacent to Maple Island Park. These houses are furnished with antiques and original belongings of the entrepreneurial families who once occupied them. Today the estates are collectively referred to as the “Linden Hill Historical Event Center.”
Maple Island Park and Gardens
The birthplace of Little Falls, here the natural waterfalls were developed for power as early as 1849. Little Falls’ first industry was located at this site. Located along the Mississippi River, this scenic park is beautifully landscaped with flowers, trees and shrubs. Globe lamps light footpaths throughout the park, which are reminiscent of the “White Way” that once lit the streets of Little Falls. A gazebo and park benches overlook the river. Picnic tables and a shelter with rest rooms provide additional comforts for park visitors.
Pine Grove Park and Zoo
Located on the west side of town and nestled amongst the towering pines of a 70-acre park features a zoo, walking trails, picnic and playground area, a granite “council circle,” and a rustic log shelter. The zoo is home to a variety of exotic, native and domestic animals.
St. Francis Convent and Campus
On the southeast side of town, the St. Francis Covent was founded by the Roman Catholic order of Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception of Little Falls, Minnesota, in 1891.
Charles A. Weyerhaeuser Memorial Museum
Located above the confluence of Pike Creek and the Mississippi River, the museum is owned and operated by the Morrison County Historical Society. The museum contains exhibits, documents, and artifacts about the area. The museum was named for Charles A. Weyerhaeuser, a prominent lumberman in the area. Museum grounds are home to natural prairie gardens, a Victorian-style fountain, and a gazebo overlooking the river.
The Minnesota Fishing Museum
This is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the heritage and history of freshwater fishing in Minnesota. The MFM features over 8,000 artifacts in two large display rooms, a gift shop plus tourism and DNR information.
The Paul Larson Memorial Museum
Owned by John Monahan, this is a collection of boats, motors and trailers. The museum is a tribute to Paul Larson, founder of the Little Falls-based Larson Boats, as well as the Fred Larson Wildlife Animal Collection.
The Burton-Rosenmeier House
Built in 1903 for Barney Burton. Burton owned dry goods stores throughout central and northern Minnesota. The home was sold to Christian Rosenmeier in 1921. Rosenmeier was an attorney for the Pine Tree Lumber Company, president of the American National Bank and American Savings and Trust Company and a Minnesota State Senator from 1922 to 1934. Rosenmeier’s son, Gordon, was the next owner from 1932 to 1989. He was an attorney and a Minnesota State Senator, as well, serving from 1940 to 1971.
There’s lots more to see at the Convention and Visitor’s Bureau website.